We just got back from a lovely family trip to San Diego. It was just finally starting to feel like spring and warming up when we left. I went for a walk around the property this morning and it’s just so fun to see everything responding. Here’s the short list:
- Daffodils giving way to tulips and grape hyacinths
- Peas poking up that we planted shortly before leaving
- Lots of green growth and leaves on the raspberries. Little raspberry plants popping up in the grass all around as well.
- Hops starting to put feelers out
- All our fruit trees are budding, including the 5 we just planted. Good sign!
- A broody duck and a broody chicken
- Mint is back
- Asparagus is finally up